SkyeConnect is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who join SkyeConnect or sign up for communications from SkyeConnect, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. SkyeConnect may change this Policy from time to time. We will notify you of any such changes and the revised Policy will be available on this website. Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We only collect personal information about you where it is completely necessary, or you have consented, and we ensure we only collect information we need.
- We will not send you direct marketing materials, e.g. newsletters, unless you have given us permission to do so.
- We will not sell or share your personal data with third parties.
- We will protect your personal information with appropriate combination of technical and organisation measures.
- You have rights to your information including the right to have inaccurate information corrected, personal data erased and to receive a copy of the information held by us
- If you have a complaint, please contact the Project Manager at the address below or send an email to email@example.com
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you complete the application form for membership or if you make a request to receive regular information from us.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, contact telephone number, email address.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Process your membership and carry out our obligations arising from your membership and Companies House regulations
- Seek your views or comments about our work
- Notify you of what is happening locally and nationally within the Tourism industry
- Send you communications regarding events that may be of interest to you.
- Processing bookings and invoicing
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. You can choose to receive direct marketing communications from SkyeConnect by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
You have the right to:
- Have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete
- Have personal data erased also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’
- Have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data
- Receive personal data you have provided to a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- Have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests; the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information ECC hold about please email us at: email@example.com
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it is treated securely. We use an appropriate combination of technical and organisational measures to ensure, as far as is reasonably possible the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information at all times. If you have a security –related concern, please contact us at please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
16 or Under?
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in Feb’23.